Saturday 19 October 2013

Pass me a paintbrush...bring on the home decor.

In 2 weeks time I will no doubt be stood with a paintbrush in my hand or a drill putting up mirrors or shelves in our new home. I have recently become slightly obsessed/addicted to Pinterest, for all my decorating needs as well as obviously fashion, I have discovered some amazing DIY ideas, found hundreds of things to do with old maps and found some great inspiration. I have made mood boards for all different rooms in hope some of ours may look just as good, find me on Pinterest -Ladysophs or continue reading for some of my favourite things.

I am totally addicted to map prints, I have a small world map poster currently but I want a map wall somewhere in our house most probably our living room, I love the look of this next to the tan leather, our sofa is ordered, can't wait for it to arrive it is so comfy, or it was when I sat for 45 mins in DFS on it, we have gone for tan leather with chaise, I will most often be found chillin on it when I am in and everything is decorated, I wouldn't have picked tan leather single handedly but I am uber excited for it.


 I also want a navy blue wall in the living room as navy and tan look so nice together, obviously with accents of gold, mirrors and frame on a gallery wall as I am obsessed with these. 


If anyone knows where I can get an apothecary table from, remember that Friends episode where Phoebe and Ross got the same one -that is exactly what I want, obviously I have searched the Pottery Barn website but so expensive I need something UK based, a vintage one would be ideal. I want one as a TV stand the drawers would be amazing to store DVDs in.



I am also super excited to decorate the bedroom, in my head I'm thinking mint green, as we both think each other is mint and I don't want anything too bright, I want a Parisian French feel with a twirly iron bed and ideally that Urban Outfitters poodle table that I have obviously mentioned before because of how fabulous it is.


This bed is amazing and I adore the headboard and lampshade, these chanderlier type lampshades will naturally adorn more than one light bulb in our house possibly with an old ornate frame round too.


The elephant addiction continues I want this gorgeous print framed for our room.


I am totally going to get crafty with an old Bombay Sapphire bottle and lampshade too, I saw this craft tutorial on Pinterest -follow this link if you want to make one >http://suziscrafts.com/how-to-make-a-liquor-bottle-lamp/


I am obsessed with dreamcatchers, I have one tattooed on my ribs by the amazing Rebecca Vincent but Vanessa Mooney makes the best dreamcatchers, look at this amazing treat, love the plain simplicity of this, I will create my own dreamcatcher for above our bed.  If Ben would let me I would hang a dreamcatcher in every single room.


When we decided to move in together Ben bought me this Paris plan gift wrap as a poster I want to get this framed and have it in our bedroom, one day we will go to Paris.


Just an example of a gallery wall, I am collecting prints and frames as these are my favourite.  I don't just hang photos but bags, corsages and anything else I can think of.  I had one in my old flat pictured below and I loved looking at it.  Excuse the lolly, also fingers crossed Ben will put up our pix as I clearly am not the best at it as they are not straight.

 

The kitchen is Ben's domain so he is in charge of that, I want pastal colours and some exposed brick, or a kitchen like the one on The Great British Bakeoff.  It doesn't mean I've given up on shopping though, plates have recently become one of my favorite things to buy, I hope to have mismatched plates, which is why I have drawn some of my own, I also want mismatch chairs around our dining table, but that's another thing to think about there is just so much to do!


I got 2 of these flamingo plates a while back in the sale at Urban, I also want some plastic pink flamingos for the garden, but I will worry about the garden in summer.




These are all plates I have designed for our kitchen, I can't wait to use them, I recently made and sold other designs on my etsy store -search www.etsy.com my shop name is 10Bears.  I will be making some more soon when I'm moved in and unpacked, in the meantime if you want any special designs please let me know in advance, prices vary according to plate size.



I love this idea for a magnetic notice board, and I hope to recreate this in our kitchen, minus the children's drawings.  Or in my dressing room for outfit inspo.

Yes I get a dressing room! I am the happiest girl in the world right now, I can't wait to get started on the dressing room.  I want plain white as a blank canvas for my clothing.  An oldfashioned dressing table, copious amounts of mirrors and my room will be decorated with jewellery, Vogues and Chanel pictures.  This will be my favourite room.


I adore these old fashioned lampshades, this is the room I can add my girly touches too, he's having a boys game room too so don't feel like he is left out!


I adore this simplicity.


I am 100% going to recreate this for some of my jewellery



This rail is a dream, I would love this as a rail for my current favourite items and then a wardrobe for other clothes!

I literally cannot wait for moving day, not long now, all my dreams are coming true and I am extremely lucky.  2013 has been the best year to date.

For more decor ideas I love check out my Pinterest 

Peace, love and DIY
Sophs
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment